Phew! It's been a long week. Most of the week, I ripped my hair out trying to get my character design finished for my senior film. For the most part, the design is finished thanks to the help of many opinions from friends and family. I got to the point where I was drawing practically the same face over and over again, but they were all different. I went through quite a few renditions but finally got what I wanted. I still have a good bit of development to finish up, like color keys, set designs, aesthetic discourse, etc. It's a good bit, but hopefully I'll make quick progress. My parts did arrive for the Volvo, as well. As of now, I've only replaced what was absolutely necessary, since my car failed MD state inspection the first time around. Fortunately, it PASSED! I thought replacing the rear shocks would've been the hardest thing to tackle that day. Turns out, it was replacing the front license plate brackets instead, which required dismantling a good portion of the front of the car and a few extra hours :( I also have to continue maintenance with the rest of the parts I have, which could be a couple days of work... Then I need to begin gearing up for the trek back to school in a couple of weeks. Until then, here's the final character design!
2 months ago