Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Still goin'!

Alright, alright.... I'll admit it's been awhile, but I haven't forgotten about this little commitment quite yet. Actually, I've been hard at work getting settled into my classes for Fall quarter at SCAD, which is why I haven't posted recently. My senior film is coming along nicely, and I'm currently finishing up pre-vis. The story has evolved quite a bit since I first thought of the idea. Though, unlike most of my other ideas, instead of becoming a story I loathe after it evolves, every new iteration actually makes me a bit more excited to be working on it. Right now, I'm just itching to start modelling/ rigging to really begin to see the piece take form. I've been talking with quite a few people about different aspects of the production, and I've got a good idea of what I want for sound and aesthetic/ design. For sound, I'm pretty sure I've settled on a quirky, Thomas Newman type soundtrack (think American-beauty...kinda). Lots of Xylophone/Marimba and strings. Design, on the other hand, I'm looking for a textured, digitally painted look for the environment, mainly. I want to achieve this without painted textures though. How much of this idea will transfer to the character, I'm not sure. I think keeping a more refined texture for the character and his various props may add a nice bit of contrast between the elements. I'm doing this, and trying to keep up with my other two animation classes, among rig explosions and other things, so it's been a pretty brutal quarter so far, but nothing too unusual. For now, here's the 3D pre-vis for my senior film as well as a rough, unfinished blocking 2 (with some gaps) for my Force Animation for my 3D character animation 2 class.

No comments:

Post a Comment